Are you interested in playing an active role in the design community? Do you enjoy being a part of AIGA, and want to play a bigger role in Orlando’s chapter? Join the AIGA Orlando board!
Our chapter’s programming year runs from August 2018 to June 2019 and there are exciting plans in the works for it. However, to make even greater things happen for our community we need the help of talented individuals like you, from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines.
Benefits of being on the board.
Serving on the AIGA Orlando board is the perfect way to be hands on with the planning and strategic direction of our chapter. If there’s a speaker, workshop, or specific type of content you’d like to see offered in Orlando, being a part of the board is THE best way to make that happen. It’s also a fun way to connect with local and nationally recognized designers, and make connections with other local organizations. Beyond that, your time on the board will help you grow professionally in leadership, and in other ways, you may not have the opportunity to explore in your daily profession.
Requirements to Board Members
Board positions are open to anyone, as long as you are able to meet the following requirements:
- Maintain an active AIGA membership at the Supporting Level or higher (throughout the duration of your term)
- Be an active member of the Orlando creative community
- Able to serve a two-year term, in most cases
- Have ~3+ hours per week to dedicate to the position (this is flexible depending on time of year)
- Attend monthly board meetings and community meetings (~4 hours per month)
- Attend 80% of all other AIGA Orlando events
- Willingness to help spread the word about AIGA Orlando events and projects through word-of-mouth and personal social media accounts
Applications for joining the board are being accepted now to July 20, 2018. When the application period has ended all submissions will be reviewed and voted on by the AIGA Orlando Board of Directors. Applicants will be informed of next steps before July 28, 2018, and all those accepted will need to attend a mandatory board retreat Saturday, August 4, 2018 for training and planning. Please plan accordingly if you’re applying.
Applications are now closed