The day is broken down into two parts. In the morning, re:charge your creativity in one of three hands-on workshops. Then in the afternoon, re:engage your mind as you glean from the knowledge and experience of four key speakers.
Re:solve to attend this re:warding event and don't forget to re:gister!
2015 theme: Creativity + Leadership
Creativity is an essential part of success—in business, in culture, and in daily life in general. It’s often elusive and intangible, but creativity drives unique problem solving and new ideas, while sustaining through innovation and transformation.
Creativity coupled with leadership is powerful.
During this year’s Re:Solutions we’ll consider these questions:
What does it mean to be a creative leader?
What is it to lead with creativity?
How are leadership and creativity inherently intertwined?
Morning Workshops Only
Afternoon General Session Only
- 8am - 9am: Morning Check-In
- 9am - 11am: Workshops
- 11am - 1pm: Lunch
- 12pm - 1pm: Afternoon Check-In
- 1pm - 5pm: General Session
- After Party: Directly following the General Session meet at Frank & Steins (200 W Fairbanks Ave)
For event map click here.
Follow AIGAOrlando on Twitter or Facebook for the latest updates.
General Session 1pm - 5pm
please select only one
Hand lettering with Shauna Panczyszyn
9am - 11am
In this class you will learn the basics of hand lettering and work on putting together your own hand lettering piece. We will draw from vintage references as well as putting our own spin on the work. You will come out of the workshop with hopefully some new tricks and a finished illustration.
- Colored Pencil (blue/red/pink/your favorite color... your choice)
- HB Pencil
- 2B or darker pencil (Mechanical pencils work, too)
- Black ink pen
- Computer or Tablet (if you want to work digitally, not required)
- 2-3 vintage references
Bookmaking with Larry Cooper
9am - 11am
In this class you will learn the Japanese stitching technique that can be used to make your own hand-bound books.
- Paper of the size and texture of your choice for the interior (copy paper will do) and a sturdy paper weight for the cover of the book
- Needles and thread will be provided, as will hole punching tools
Collaborative Design Workflow for the Web with Cliff Manspeaker
9am - 11am
Existing workflows typically used for print design aren't always the best solutions for the today's multi-device web. We'll look at the latest tools available for you to help improve your design workflow for the web and involve your client and developers along the way.
Some specific items we will cover include design patterns, typography, style guides and prototyping using hands-on exercises. Recommended for designers that work with web teams to help bridge the gap between design and development. A laptop is recommended to demo techniques we will cover during the workshop. We will do some HTML/CSS coding during the demonstrations, but experience is not required.
Proudly sponsored by: BIGEYE & Hamilton Holt School
Cancellation / Refund Policy
AIGA Orlando will refund 75% of registration fee for cancellations received by 5:00pm two (2) business days prior to the event. Regrettably, no refunds will be made after this deadline.
The event will be videotaped and photographed. Content gathered at the event may be used commercially, and by attending the event you will be giving AIGA Orlando your consent to be recorded for this purpose.
AIGA Orlando reserves the right to cancel or postpone an event, at any time, and for any reason. In the event that a cancellation or postponement occurs the following policies shall apply:
- If the event is postponed due to reasons beyond AIGA Orlando’s control, the event will be scheduled to a later date. Date, time, and place to be advised. If you are not able to attend on the new date of the event, a complete refund will be issued to attendees who have paid for that event.
- When an event is canceled because of AIGA Orlando's own decision and not due to reasons beyond their control, a complete refund will be issued to attendees who have paid for that event. The sole compensation for cancellation or other remedies shall not exceed the event registration fee. No other refunds shall be provided.